Friday 6 July 2012

Holiday Post # 1 -Coming live from Lilydale, Tasmania



So it's Day 4 of our holiday to Tasmania.
We caught the Spirit of Tasmania on Monday night at 7:30pm. We had a GREAT trip over, not. Miss M absconded while I was in the loo. She got spooked by the violent rocking of the boat as we were going through the Heads, and stepped out of the cabin to see if she could see us (she assumed I was out on the deck with Daddy). Unfortunately for her, the cabin door shut behind her. She stood in the hallway for a couple of minutes, until a man came along. He asked her what was wrong, and she said she'd been locked out of the room. Unfortunately, with Miss M's lack of clear communication skills and logical reasoning, she thought that she was “lost”. The man found his wife, and sent his wife off looking for us. Meanwhile, I'd come out of the loo, realised she was missing, and went MADLY running around the ship looking for her. TWENTY MINUTES LATER I caught up with Maddison and the lady. Madd was looking very scared, and wasn't speaking by this point. She saw me, and was so scared that she couldn't even acknowledge me.
The lady looked at Madd's reaction, and asked “Is this your Mummy?” Madd couldn't or wouldn't respond, I'm not sure if she was in a state of terror or she thought she'd be in massive trouble for leaving the room after we'd told her not to leave the room under ANY circumstances. The lady was pretty dubious that I was Madd's mum, because of Madd's lack of reaction. No sigh of relief, no “MUMMY!” screamed in delight at me because I'd been found. No reaction at all. *sigh *

So I took her back to the room, and I haven't left her side since.
The next morning, we disembarked (got off the boat). Our garage number was called, so we had to go get in the car and drive off the boat. Madd, of course, stood right in front of the door which happened to be behind Daddy, who was packing the last of our things. He turned around, and elbowed her in the face, knocking her already-wobbly tooth. It immediately started spurting blood. BIG groans from Daddy and I, knowing that we would LOVE to show her some sympathy and attention and help her but WE NEED TO GET OUR CAR!! We apologised to her for not being able to “fix it now”, but explained that we had to get our car straight away. So Ash carried Coopman, I carried the bags and dragged Madd along to the garage deck.

We arrived in Devonport, and had breakfast at a lovely little breakfast cafe called Bella's Pizza Cafe. They were very welcoming and accommodating. They brought our little one a glass of milk, and made an amazing hot chocolate for Miss M, who decided it was “yucky” before she'd even tasted it (score one for ME, I drank it and it was marvellous!).

     We went to Tasmazia the other day, and within 10 seconds of walking into the maze we'd lost Coopman. 
He was running past Ash to catch up to me, and suddenly he took a turn. Madd chased after him, and came back 10 seconds later and said "I lost him". Well that sent me into a panic. I grabbed Madd, and Ash and I took off in different directions to find him.  I called Ash on the mobile about 10 minutes later, and he still hadn't found Cooper. Neither had I. 20 minutes later, I heard a little kid screaming his lungs out in hysterics. I recognised my son's crying immediately. I took off running in the direction of his screaming. He'd climbed in between the two sides of the maze path, and was stuck in the spiky bushes. A lovely lady fetched him for me, as I couldn't get to him (fortunately she was much smaller than 6ft overweight me). He was so relieved to see me, it was "Mummy, Mummy, Mummy" for a couple of hours before it was all about Daddy again. It was nice being the favourite for a little while!!

I have to say that Maddison hasn't been herself until today. We arrived in Tassie on Tuesday morning. It's now Friday evening, and she's finally her “nice self” again. She's been teary and sooky and grumpy, downright defiant, and then over-happy and bouncing around like a maniac. She's finally settled down this afternoon and she's back to being Happy Maddison.

Tomorrow we leave our farmstay at Cherry Top Farm, where we've spent the past 3 nights (4 nights here in total). We're off to another part of Tasmania tomorrow, will update in a couple of days. 
Hopefully the rest of the holiday will be peaceful.



No comments:

Post a Comment