Thursday 1 November 2012

Autism Obsessed


     Since finding out that Madd has autism, it seems to be all I blog about.
A lot of the reason for that is because dealing with it takes up more time than anything else in my life. But tonight I'm going to make a concerted effort to blog about the REST of my life.

     Cooper is 27 months old, and an absolute terror. He loves to climb up the drawers and onto the kitchen bench. He'll sit there and play with whatever happens to be on the bench. He loves to stuff his little cars and trucks into random socks. He is now speaking in 3 word sentences. He craves routine... can't put his bag in the backseat after creche, it must be in the boot because that's where it's always gone. At night, he watches In The Night Garden, then gets his "milk" and goes to bed. It's a great routine, calm and peaceful - and he responds well to it. He's about to go up to the next room at creche, he is moving up from the toddlers' room to the big-toddlers' room. I'm a little disappointed, because the staff in the toddlers' room are fantastic. Nothing against the staff in the bigger room, but I'm very familiar with the staff in his current room. But it's all part of growing up.

     Madd is covered in bruises at the moment. She's fallen off her bike a few times, fallen off her scooter, and been bumping into things. Her legs look awful, covered in bruises and scratches and grazes. But she's coping quite well. She went to bed on time tonight, which is massive! She was in bed by 7:30, and asleep almost immediately. She had a great time for Halloween - we always go down to Mum's place, since her whole neighbourhood love to do Halloween. She dressed up as a witch, and we painted her face green. She looked absolutely fantastic.


She had a great time, and was super-polite as always. She didn't say too many inappropriate things, and wasn't too forward. She did extremely well.
(please read this blog in regards to "scripting")

I, however, had high anxiety. I was freaking out about door-knocking with people who may not have been participating in Halloween. Fortunately for me, we ran into a few of the neighbours that I do know, so we went along with them.

I have only 2 weeks left of placement. I'm glad in one way - I'll get my free time back! But I'm devastated, because I really do like it there. Had a pretty crappy day today, I ended up coming home sick because my stomach got really upset for some reason. But overall I'm really liking it. I'm hoping to get a job there, even if it's just casual work. Otherwise I'll try and find some work next year once school goes back.

My new car is amazing. I know it's only an old car, but it runs really well - and it has the 2 things I really wanted; airconditioning and power steering. Madd loves it, and it's the perfect size. It's cheap on fuel, and... I just love it!

I'm selling Mary Kay makeup - I've never been a really girly-girl, and never bothered with makeup. But I love the colours, and the skincare is just magic. They have a peach hand set that's just amazing, it keeps my hands nice and soft even with me washing them 15 times a day. The best part is that the "hostess benefits" are sales-based, not party-bookings-based. So there's no pressure to get a certain number of friends to book parties from your party. And the prices are pretty reasonable. It's my latest love.

Ash is... Ash. Nothing much changes with him. I'm not looking forward to summer, when his work hours skyrocket and he's never home. But I'll survive, as always.

Hope you're all doing well, drop me a line :)


No comments:

Post a Comment