Tuesday 26 June 2012

Changes in Life

  Really enjoying life right now.

The Fiancee has his licence now, and today he took the car; leaving Coopman and I at home without a car. I enjoyed it, because instead of going down to the shops for milk like I would normally have done, I didn't just "duck out to the shops".... I stayed home and stayed busy. It was strange to not just randomly go out at will, but it's been nice and stress-free.

Both kids were in bed by 730 tonight. Coop went to bed at 630, Madd was asleep by 730. I got to sit and watch TV, eat ice cream, have some ME time, and get some work on my TAFE assessments done.  And chat to my cousin. And watch MORE tv :)

I'm very much enjoying that I don't have an option to go out because I don't have the car. It means that I can't go shopping, and spend money that I shouldn't be spending. It's saving us money, although we will have to fork out for a second car when we get back from holidays.

     We're going to get a station wagon. We were looking at getting a Kia Carnival, or any sort of 7 seater really. But they're too expensive in comparison to a wagon. And since we're not planning any more kids, we really don't need the extra seats enough to warrant spending extra money.

      Not long now til our family holiday begins, and just after we get back Madd is at the Paediatrician's.
Not sure which I'm looking forward to more - getting answers for Madd, or the family chill-out time.
We're doing a farm stay for the first 4 days, which should be good. Madd can bring the eggs in from the henhouse, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's MUCH cheaper in Winter too, it's only $105 per night. Then we have 2 days  in the next place, and 4 days in Hobart before we come home again.

Not sure if my brother will destroy the house while we're gone - he has a mild intellectual disability, so his self-care skills aren't all that crash-hot. He's capable of not burning the place down, and feeding the dog every night - won't be so great at remembering the tuna that's been in the fridge for 3 weeks, or remembering to wash his clothes, or remembering to take his shoes off before he trekks mud all over the carpet, or washing the dishes. But it's better than leaving the place unattended while we're gone. We have a friend coming to check on him, the dog and the house, so it's in good hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment