Monday 23 April 2012

Thomas - a really useful engine

    Miss Maddison got a Thomas the Tank Engine set for one of her birthdays. She LOVED it, and still does.
Fast forward a few years, and Cooper is OBSESSED with Thomas. He takes at least two of the characters everywhere. And now I have to make a tricky decision.
     
     Should I add to the diecast set that Madd already has, or should I get a whole new set so that they don't argue over them? Madd likes to play with the Thomas set, and often has trouble keeping Cooper away from it. He loves to play with her, but sometimes she just wants to play without him - which is fair enough.

     I've fallen in love with the wooden Thomas sets, and I've heard they last a lot longer and are more durable. 
And there are a lot more different trains, tracks and accessories. 

    So now I have to make the decision - and soon. Cooper's second birthday is coming up, and since Thomas is his one true love, there's not much point getting him anything else. So it will be a very Thomas birthday.

Is it rude to ask people to get him something Thomas? Most people ask what they should get him, but is it rude to ask them to get him some Thomas stuff?

     And should I go with wooden or diecast Thomas?

No comments:

Post a Comment