Friday 25 May 2012

Rain, hail and no storm :)

     Enjoying tonight. Ash has the night off, so he stayed home and minded a sleeping Cooper while I took Maddison late-night shopping.

     First stop was the $2 shop, where - believe it or not - EVERYTHING is $2. Most "$2 shops" have everything $2 plus. Not this one. It's on the ground level at Frankston shopping centre (VIC), and everything is $2, regardless of size. They have collections of boxes that range from teeny-tiny to MASSIVE... All $2.
    We picked up some photo frames for the hallway. I recently got some professional shots of Coopman done, so I want to put them up in the hallway. Once Maddison's second front tooth drops out, I'll get some done of her. I love my kid to bits, but she really does look odd with the huge front tooth wobbling away and the second one missing. I've got some good baby and toddler shots of her, so I'll put them up in the hallway. I'm really feeling the need to decorate. I can't WAIT til we buy our own place and I can decorate to my heart's content!

     Next stop was Target, where we went umbrella shopping. Maddison's been nagging to walk to school, and so to do that in Winter we needed an umbrella. She picked out a nice big navy blue one. We then discovered a Barbie one, so she suggested that we should have an umbrella each. She was thrilled to have her very own Barbie umbrella.
     We wandered through the toy department, and I listened patiently through the "I want"s and "can I have?"s. To which I gave her a withering look, and she added as an afterthought "Maybe for my birthday!". Glad the message about us not being made of money is starting to sink in.
  I did end up getting her a little Tinkerbell toy, since she really had behaved up to that point.

    Then we went to Coles, and did the grocery shopping. We had a few moments of chaos when Madd, who had insisted that she was more than capable of pushing a trolley by herself, managed to hit a few of the aisle ends.
    All in all, it was a successful shopping trip. No meltdowns, no tantrums, no issues. No bad behaviour.
I'm glad we went out, despite the crappy weather. It was nice to have an hour of Mummy-Daughter time without any catastrophes.

Yay for small miracles :)






No comments:

Post a Comment