Saturday 13 October 2012

One Week of School

   Madd's first week of school is done and dusted.
She has been made to feel so welcome, it's amazing how well she's adapted to the new school. She went around and met all the teachers. She's made friends.
     At her old school, she was told that she "wasn't allowed" to join the choir. Within a few days of being at the new school, she's joined their school choir. She is loving every second of school. If she doesn't finish her work, the teacher doesn't push her to finish it - because she knows that it totally stresses Madd out. As long as she knows that Madd knows how to do the work, it's no big deal. And the teacher can send work home if it really does need to be finished.

I'm super-happy at how the teacher just.... gets her. Without having to be educated, and without having to try. I'm super-happy that I don't have to stress about how her day has been, the teacher always makes time to speak to me about any issues or achievements that Madd has had during the day. She's more than happy to spend a few minutes chatting. She MAKES TIME for the kids in her class... and she's only the substitute teacher! I've heard great things about her regular teacher as well, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how her second week will go.

     She has her first school swimming lesson with the new school on Monday (must remember to pack her swimming gear!!!). With the way her behaviour was spiralling out of control at the old school, I wouldn't let her do the school swimming lessons this year. But now that she's totally settled and happy, I'm sure that there won't be any problems.

I had a great time catching up with a friend today (who, unfortunately wasn't very well), had a fantastic time - she's one of those people that you can go years and years without seeing and yet still find yourself slipping into a zone of comfort - you can talk about everything and anything, and laugh and joke. I'm hoping she'll come and stay for the weekend in a couple of weeks (she can't drive for medical reasons, so I'll go pick her up and bring her down for a couple of days). Hopefully she's feeling better soon.

Anyways, I better stop rabbiting on about stuff, and get to bed! Good night all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment