Tuesday 9 October 2012

Psychologists and Confirmation


      Madd had her first psychologist appointment today. There's a few more before we receive her official diagnosis, but the psychologist says she DEFINITELY falls somewhere on the autism spectrum.
I wouldn't say that I'm happy that she has a disability, but I am very very glad that it's not all in my head. Not that I thought that there was a chance of that, but there was always doubt that they'd be able to see what I see.

The signs of autism in Madd can be very very subtle to other people. So I'm relieved that after only 45 minutes the psych could see the real Madd.

Unfortunately we still have another 5 weeks til diagnosis. Now that I know for SURE that she's on the spectrum, it's just a matter of time until we find out exactly where she is and what she'll need support with. Oh, and she has ADHD too - apparently she's very very hyperactive.

So we are now one giant leap closer to D-Day ... diagnosis day.

No comments:

Post a Comment