Tuesday 28 August 2012

Lack-Of-Communication Book

    So much for Madd having a communication book.
I finally found out from Madd today that her teacher told them a few weeks ago that she was going away on holiday for the rest of term. I'm really really angry that I wasn't personally told - either by phone, in person or via her communication book. Nothing was mentioned until after the teacher had already left.

    So off to the school on Thursday to talk to the school about a couple of things.
The first one is the most important - the teacher has to write any upcoming changes in the commbook; like when they're going on holiday, having days off, etc so that I can talk them through with Madd and at least understand why she's highly anxious.

   The second one is that I don't want her having the same teacher next year. She's had the same teacher 2 years in a row, and is very attached to her. I don't want her to get too attached, she needs to adjust to a new teacher each year. I hate to think how attached she'll be after 3 years if she's so attached after 2 years.

Still off to see another school on Thursday, so we'll see what Madd and Ash both think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment