Wednesday 15 August 2012

We Have a Communication Book

    I wasn't sure how well the idea would be embraced. I was in half-minds as to whether we needed a Communication Book or not. For those who don't know, a Communication Book goes from home to school. Ideally, notes are written in it each day. That way the teacher knows how Madd's been at home, and I know about any issues that arise at school.

    Today I wrote my first note in it. Letting the teacher know how Madd had been the night before and that morning, and about how I hoped that this book would help us communicate since Madd is now in afterschool care 3 days a week.

     I got it back today with a note letting me know that she'd had a MUCH better day than yesterday, but that she has an ongoing issue with a particular boy in the class with whom she clashes constantly. They sit and niggle at each other until it escalates. The teacher has recognised the problem and has permanently separated them in class. It's nice to know these things. It also lets me know that I should have a better time tonight with Madd, since she had a calm day at school.

It's just nice to know what happens with her at school, it's opened the lines of communication a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment