Monday 27 August 2012

What to do when the substitute teacher is awesome?

    So I'm really really impressed with how the substitute teacher is handling Madd. I'm starting to regret my haste to condemn her. We sat down and had a meeting with her and the vice principal, and it was the most productive and best meeting we've had since she started school. I feel like I was listened to, I felt like I listened, and we worked together for what was best for Madd.

     I'm not sure how I feel about Madd's regular teacher. She's a lovely lady, very calm and relaxed - which I thought was good for Madd. And Madd seems to respond really well to her.

But the last few weeks, Madd has been melting down almost every day after school, and every weekend. So I don't know where to go from here.

    Madd's behaviour has been so erratic the last few weeks, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Is it just the anxiety of having a different teacher? She says she misses Mrs H, but says the substitute is great too. So.... how do I cope with Madd's behaviour at the moment? She's totally stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment